Merimbula house fire | PHOTOS

A Sapphire Crescent home has sustained substantial smoke, water and structural damage after a large house fire yesterday afternoon.

Just after 2pm on Wednesday, December 14, Fire and Rescue NSW was called to the Merimbula property, supported by Merimbula Police, the Rural Fire Service and a hazmat crew from Bega. 

Emergency services arrived to find the kitchen well alight. 

The occupants of the house had already evacuated the home when the crews arrived. 

Fire fighters contained the fire quickly, extinguishing the blaze within a couple of hours. 

Police have confirmed the cause of the fire was an accident and believe it started after a pot of hot oil was left unattended on the stove in the kitchen. 

A Merimbula police spokesman confirmed that no one was injured. 


Discuss "Merimbula house fire | PHOTOS"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.