Double ton for Knights

Both the Merimbula Knights and Pambula Bluedogs headed out to bat first in their respective two-day cricket clashes on Saturday.

The scores were wildly different though with Merimbula carding more than 350 runs after batting out the full 75 overs, while the Bluedogs finished all-out for 120 after a little over 50 overs in their contest with Eden.

The Knights were taking on the Bega-Angledale Bulls at George Griffin Oval on Saturday and have established a hard-to-beat lead in the opening innings that included two individual centuries.

Opener Brendan Daley held the crease for almost three hours to hit 104 runs off 174 balls before he was finally returned to the sheds with a runout by Liam Kelly.

The wicket hardly stemmed the flow of runs though as Dylan Jordan at three also climbed to triple digits, knocking a neat ton off just 68 balls before a Rob Stevenson catch brought his stint to a finish.

Even with Jordan's dismissal, the runs continued piling on for the Knights with Ash Postance building up a 75-run tally before he was caught and bowled by Jack Trevaskis.

Handy additions of 25 from Nick Fantham and a late 13 not-out by Zac Wells ensured the Knights were batting out the full innings to finish at 8/365.

Liam Kelly returned the best figures with the ball for the Bulls, taking 2/16.

Meanwhile, the Pambula Bluedogs played host to the Tathra Sea Eagles at the Pambula Sporting Complex on Saturday.

The Bluedogs compiled a solid middle order stint to the opening innings before the Sea Eagles cleaned up the tail end cheaply to finish the opening stand early.

Brothers Josh and Tom Hammond both built to 27 runs apiece before their dismissals.

Both wickets were also claimed by Geordie Gibbs catches at keeper with Josh out to a Pete Bennett ball, while Tom's dismissal came from a Lachlan Trickey ball.

Jake Taylor added 12 before he was caught from a Quinn Fletcher-Barrie ball, while Rory McAlpin and Brodie Cook had both gone out cheaply.

However, with Taylor's dismissal the host club were still bordering on triple digits with five wickets in hand.

However, after 15 from Shane Baird and 10 from Jack Baker things were souring quickly as the Tathra bowling attack pressed the advantage late in play.

Two bats were dismissed for eight, while a duck at the bottom end of the order brought the innings to a halt with the Bluedogs all-out for 120 after 56 overs.

Sparking a glimmer of hope for a strong second innings was that four Tathra wickets were claimed as the club finished out the day at 4/38 after 20 overs with the bat.

Shannon Grass, Trickey and Md Rizwanul Ivan were all returned to the sheds on two.

Play resumes Saturday.

A Bluedog batsman watches the ball sailing towards the boundary in the club's opening innings against the Tathra Sea Eagles on Saturday.

A Bluedog batsman watches the ball sailing towards the boundary in the club's opening innings against the Tathra Sea Eagles on Saturday.