The annual St Cecilia Youth Music Scholarship will hold its final concert at St Bernards Church in Batehaven next month.
Auditions for the scholarships were affected by COVID, so the committee required all auditions to be sent in electronically with the application forms.
The committee, which has held the scholarships for 26 years, received 34 applications from young musicians aged between 10 and 18 years of age.
From that group, the committee has chosen 12 finalists to play across two sections (classical and contemporary) at the concert in Batehaven on Sunday, December 5.
The scholarships will be worth more than $5000 this year and will go towards musical studies for the winners.
The concert will be held at 3pm. Tickets are $10 at the door; under 19s are free. Final awards will be announced at the concert.
List of finalists
- Darcy Coppin (Moruya), singing
- O'Shea Clohesy (Broulee), piano
- Amelie Ziino (Merimbula), violin
- Chantelle Bennett (Tathra), violin
- Alyssa Gould (Bega), violin
- Damia O'Loughlin (Broulee), clarinet
- Maxine Wilson (Surf Beach), piano
- Kaitlyn Lenihan (Kianga), singing
- Josh Vanzetti (Long Beach), piano
- Sam Peate (Tuross Head), guitar and singing
- Kalani Scognamiglio (Catalina), recorder