Stef Kindon was just going for a morning jog with her partner along the Merimbula Boardwalk last week, when they stopped to take a look at the view.
"My partner was looking at the oysters when he saw something crawling towards him on the sand," Stef said.
That something just happened to be a blue-ringed octopus. They are only about 20cm long, but are one of the most venomous animals in the ocean. Its bite causes paralysis in the muscles and can easily kill an adult human. The bite is so deadly because the octopus has toxic saliva.
But undeterred by the venomous creature they decided to give it a helping hand - from a distance.
"It was very low tide so the octopus was far away from the water level - we helped him back with a stick and also named him Bluetooth," Stef added.