Roads were closed and residents and businesses were forced to evacuate due to a truck leaking gas in Pambula’s CBD Thursday morning, January 10.
NSW Fire and Rescue initiated the evacuation around 10am.
Pambula Rural Fire Service captain Stephen Irving said the gas truck had been stationed at the roundabout, outside JD Meats since around 9.15am. NSW RFS confirmed a pipe was leaking gas from the truck.
Origin Gas arrived at the scene and it is believed the truck was fixed on site. The truck left the scene at 10.54am and roads were reopened.
“Potential of explosion was slim, but it is extremely important for emergency services to take precautions for worst case scenarios,” Mr Irving said.
Police and traffic crews were also in attendance.