Fire destroys Merimbula home, resident taken to hospital

Three fire crews attended a serious house fire on Kowara Crescent, Merimbula overnight.

One female resident was transported to hospital, the fire is believed to have sparked from an electrical appliance. 

Both Merimbula and Pambula Rural Fire Service and Merimbula Fire and Rescue crew attended the blaze at 2am on Friday November 9.

The entire home was engulfed in flames.

“It took about an hour and a half to contain it, there was a bit of asbestos in it also,” Merimbula RFS captain Alex Leonard said.