Electrical fire in Lumen science lab

A-Team: Jason Moore of NSW Fire and Rescue monitors the melted mess, pleased with Pete Reynolds and Pambula Rural Fire Brigade's quick response.
A-Team: Jason Moore of NSW Fire and Rescue monitors the melted mess, pleased with Pete Reynolds and Pambula Rural Fire Brigade's quick response.

Emergency services arrived at Lumen Christi Catholic College on Tuesday afternoon to attend an electrical fire in a science lab.

Sergeant Scarlett of Merimbula Police said that it was a small electrical fire.

“The kids were well drilled, the teachers were well drilled and no-one was hurt,” he said. 

The entire school evacuated to the oval before emergency services arrived.

NSW Ambulance, Pambula Rural Fire Brigade and NSW Fire and Rescue also attended the scene. 

Jason Moore of NSW Fire and Rescue said “there was a little bit of damage to the wall and the power point where the appliance was smoldering”. 

“Apparently it is a water distiller, it was extinguished and removed prior to arrival by Pete from Pamula RFS,” Mr Moore said.

It has been confirmed as an electrical fault in the appliance. The school will undergo internal investigations.

Comments

Discuss "Electrical fire in Lumen science lab"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.