Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has been ruled ineligible to sit in the parliament, throwing the government into turmoil.
Keep up-to-date with the our live coverage.
Follow the live updates here
The dual citizenship scandal has developed since August this year. It has been revealed Mr Joyce has dual citizenship with New Zealand.
New England faces a by-election if the High-Court rules Mr Joyce is ineligible to sit in parliament due to his dual New Zealand citizenship which he has since renounced.
Mr Joyce faces opposition from multiple parties in the New England, including long time rival independent candidate Tony Windsor.
Want to get up-to-date on what’s going on?
See the previous coverage
- Barnaby Joyce says he’s no longer a Kiwi
- If an election was called tomorrow Barnaby Joyce would win
- Barnaby Joyce could face a field of candidates
- Labor Senator talks pub politics in New England
- Nationals shrug off downward swing in elections
- Another candidate for New England Region
- Barnaby Joyce engages legal eagles in Tamworth