Your new company
This organisation has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air, through its constellation of geostationary satellites. They have the world’s most advanced and resilient mobile connectivity infrastructure to ensure that their satellite services are not only saving lives but also providing a connectivity lifeline in the most remote and challenging locations.
Your new role
This is a professional engineer role helping manage software solutions, concepts, detailed solution design, system integration, maintenance program development and training.
- Developing solutions to meet specific customer requirements
- Utilising existing and newly developed systems, product configurations and/or services and collaborating with functional teams to bring new systems and services into operation
- Developing written engineering content for inclusion into commercial RFI and RFT responses, commercial proposals or quotations
- Providing technical guidance, instruction and mentoring of less experienced engineering staff within the team
- Providing software solution designs and satellite systems software integration expertise to clients in support of the sales teams
- Travelling both domestically and internationally and provide technical support and consultancy services to Sales, Service Delivery and Commercial Teams
What you'll need to succeed
This organisation are looking for a self-sufficient and self-motivated engineering professional with extensive software solutions design experience who is expected to oversee all requirements and dependencies of tasks allocated to them.
- To hold a relevant engineering, computer science or IT degree (or equivalent relevant tertiary qualifications)
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry.
- Experience in software connectivity and requirement mapping
- To be proficient in the development of maintenance documentation and support programmes for developed software solutions
- Experience working in software development projects to support the development and integration of SaaS solutions
- Experience with VM and containerisation technologies, along with experience in Windows and/or UNIX/Linux system administration
- A suitable background to qualify and maintain an Australian Defence security clearance.
- A current Australian drivers’ license and passport
- Experience in satellite communications, networking systems and Software as a Service (SaaS), would be a bonus
What you need to do now
If you're the right person for this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For more information or to answer any questions, contact Jake Hudson-Wood at Hays on (02) 9249 2224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2670880