We’re seeking experienced, Operations Managers to join our Customer Fulfillment team. You’ll operate out of our brand new Fulfillment Center at Ravenhall, Melbourne.
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, inclusive leadership for the teams you supervise. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for supervising a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Site Manager of the MEL5 Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to achievement in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
· Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting an inspiring Health and Safety culture on-site,
· Become a subject matter expert on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs, such as 5S and audits
· In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll handle timely data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
· You’ll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure a high-quality customer experience,
· Work closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
· Implement process change and contribute in cross-functional Lean initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon Operations network.
Completed Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business administration, engineering, IT, or related field
Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, fast-paced logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of Amazon associates and management
• Experience with an FC
• Previous experience in production or shift planning
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our growth. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.