Your new company
You will be working for a mid-sized Federal Government Department.
Your new role
As the Microsoft Data Engineer you will be working as part of a large project team implementing an enhanced data management and analytics platform to facilitate data warehousing capabilities, reporting, data analysis, storing transactional data and archiving of required data
The data engineer will:
• Define data solutions using Azure Synapse and work with the department data platform team to deliver these solutions
• Assist in the migration of existing data processes (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services) to the new data platform (Azure Synapse)
• Have the ability to understand DevOps process and can use DevOps tools in accordance with the agreed processes
• Develop and maintain relevant project and design documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
• Work with the departments data platform team to consume and implement recommended practices to ensure compliance of data and information management standards
• Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
• Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small project teams.
Previous experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Managed Instance and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is required.
Experience in working within an Agile team is highly desirable, and experience working in an enterprise data warehouse is desirable. Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in information technology, data management, or related fields would be highly regarded, including the ability to communicate data concepts to generalist audiences.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
The chance to work with an experienced team on a long term project utilising the latest Microsoft BI technologies is on offer. This role is an initial 12 month contract with 2 X 12 month extension options.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Call Liam O'Meara on 0429363994 or email Liam.firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions relating to this role.
LHS 297508 #2613401