Business Development Manager
About the role
Due to Kennards Hire continued growth, we are looking for driven sales professionals that will be looking after our large customer segments from various channels such as Building & Construction, Insurance & Government.
Your focus as the Business Development Manager is to identify and win new business within existing and new customers. This includes identifying key stakeholders and developing trusted relationships, deep customer engagement and proactively increasing awareness of Kennards Hire's capability and capacity.
- New business development, prospect identification and pipeline management
- Development of monthly sales forecasts/pipelines.
- Analyse, review and recommend pricing structures for accounts
- Meet critical revenue targets by building out and managing a pipeline of qualified new sales opportunities across the leading contractors in VIC.
- Developing and delivering a sales strategy that meets company objectives for revenue and profit growth
- A results focused sales professional driven to succeed, you will be comfortable walking onto major job sites and building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Previous experience in large customer segments from various channels such as building & construction, insurance, government sector
- Proven ability to convert business through cold calling techniques.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Flexible and adaptable to handle high pressure and stressful situations, excellent time management, accompanied by a high level of resilience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experienced in using CRM software
- Kennards Hire operates as part of the construction industry in Victoria. The Victorian government requires all authorised workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Why join the family
Our mission is to be the best hire company in the world. We don't want to be the biggest, we want to be the best. And by being the best, we are committed to sustainable growth and innovation for the benefit our customers, our people and Kennards Hire.
And with 86% of our people telling us they think Kennards Hire is a Great Place to Work, we think that's pretty awesome!
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- Work flexibility - Our support office is based in Clayton but as a BDM you have the option to work from any of our branches located in Melbourne Metro and/or home office
We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Profit Share bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
Background/police checks are conducted as part of the recruitment process