Three Eden boys who were charged for a break-in and fire at Eden Marine High School in August had their cases dismissed with a caution at Eden Children’s Court on Wednesday, October 4.
The young teenagers pleaded guilty to aggravated break and enter and destroying property by fire, including classroom texts and board games.
One of the boys pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer and had the case dismissed with a caution, while the offence of escaping police custody was withdrawn.
As Fairfax previously reported, police had alleged that on the morning of Saturday, August 5, a small group of youths entered the Eden Marine High School grounds where they lit and sat around a fire.
Far South Coast Chief Inspector Anthony Moodie said someone forced entry into a school room where a number of items were taken to fuel the fire further.
Inspector Moodie said those involved then left the area before the fire engulfed up to six large wheelie bins.
Eden Fire and Rescue was called to the scene to extinguish the blaze.
Police alleged an altercation took place when arresting of one of the boys, aged 12, leading to the assault charge.